Wednesday, May 16, 2007

And so it begins with a confession

I'd earmarked this blog with the intention of doing something with it late last summer. As my records show, I had written at the time: "A new low, even for me. I wake up, I find I'm fully clothed. Fine, it's happened before. But I'm underneath the bed clothes. Oh well. It's broad daylight. But of course. I'm clutching a toothbrush in my hand."

There is no better frame of mind in which one could start to grapple with the pains and complexities of existence, only it's not the sort of thing you really feel like doing. Especially when you have to go to work. So it was not until last night when (and you might want to read something into this) a light supper of a salad washed down with green tea left me utterly unable to sleep. Luckily, in those hours I was able to decide on the sort of things I was going to say on this and - more importantly - what I wasn't going to say.

More on this later.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home