Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Totty v Proddy

Iain Dale complains that BBC1 cut off the final few minutes of Blair's final PMQs to go to Wimbledon to watch Ana Ivanovic warming up. I was listening to the radio so I got the full benefit of Ian Paisley's valedictory rather than the young lady you see here.

A tough call from the Beeb – and an interesting definition of public service. A moment of historical importance vs some eye candy skipping around to no especial purpose. This is a democracy after all, so who would you rather see on your screen: Ana or Ian? And would tennis or politics most likely have this effect on you?

More eye-candy here.

UPDATE: Puss asks in the comments if Paisley is my nominee for EDW. That deserves a full-throated 'nooooooooo'. I have an idea for EDW, which I will post if get time in
between
after something extremely boring and a dinner engagement.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Quink said...

I'd rather people like Paisley took up tennis so we could enjoy politics and eye candy simultaneously.

4:23 pm  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

So is Paisley your nominee for EDW?

Puss

4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home