Sunday, June 17, 2007

Robot is a Czech word, you know

I've been in Prague for a few days, spending much time wandering the streets at random, seeking enlightenment in strange corners in a Quink-style derive or (to be more accurate) bar crawl. I won't bore you with what I did on my holidays stuff or pictures – not least because I must be the last person to visit the place – save for one thing. Whilst browsing in an old print shop I discovered the print you can see to your left here.

I know nothing about the performers, (1920s cabaret/nightclub thing); but doesn't the cover remind you somewhat of Kraftwerk's The Man Machine? It's the way they're regimented and the colour scheme, mainly, although I'd love to have seen Kraftwerk adopting the Bertie Wooster on the golf course look. It does make me wonder, though, if there's some influence there - conscious or otherwise. Just because I don't have a clue who they are, doesn't mean that everyone else is so ignorant, right?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home