Friday, August 01, 2008

Biblious, altius, fortius

Not very newsworthy on its own: Andy Parkinson, acting head of anti-doping at UK Sport fears that young athletes will be tempted to take performance enhancing drugs - and that they'll find them relatively easy to get.

But this claim made me sit up:

We have growth hormone, which it has been demonstrated you can get from a pub on the corner

I am afraid to say this information had passed me by, although maybe Andy Parkinson has some more interesting neighbourhood boozers than me. I can't help but wonder what kind of cocktail one might make with HGH; I'd guess you could add it to a bloody Mary, possibly have it as a chaser with Guinness, maybe even have it with some Rigas Balzams.

Still, if aspiring sports stars are visiting pubs in search of improvement, there is hope for the future yet.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Wouldn't it be 'bilious, altius, fortius' after downing a few growth hormone cocktails?

Puss

9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home